The Garden Club
of
Somerset Hills








Founded in 1914 and Member of the GCA Since 1915

A common love of gardening and the desire to know more about it, brought 28 women together in 1914 to found the Garden Club of Somerset Hills (GCSH). A year later, we were elected into the Garden Club of America (GCA).

Many of our members over the course of the past 106 years have been true renaissance women. Not only have they been active members of the GCSH and GCA, they have also been active in philanthropy and often answered the call to public service both on local and state levels.

Our desire to learn about and influence conservation, education, gardening, horticulture, and preservation inspired our founders and continues to motivate us now and into the future.